How can cryptocurrency attract the average, possibly less tech savvy individuals? Are those even the best group of non users to be targeting? Women are not a very high percentage of crypto investors either. I can’t imagine that it would be the same techniques involved with increasing the numbers of women and increasing the numbers of tech-resistant people.
What are some of the reasons people avoid cryptocurrency?
Some of the obvious reasons include the difficulty or complicated ecosystem, fear of losing money, fear of failure, doubt in the integrity of cryptocurrency, or simply not knowing where to start. I would think that not knowing where to start is more than likely one of the biggest hurdles. It was definitely my biggest challenge. There’s no shortage of information on the internet regarding the topic. However, the quality of the information that you find on
the internet is questionable at best in many places. Almost every platform that you can use to learn or use cryptocurrencies are rife with scammers trying to steal the naive’s hard earned dollar.
I myself was subject to a scam or two first starting out that probably could have easily been avoided had I had a better source of information.
Unfortunately until cryptocurrency is covered as a branch in basic college economic classes, people are forced to decipher good information from bad information themselves via the Internet.
Here are a few websites that provide valuable blockchain information that new crypto users would benefit from
- Rabbithole - gain usable skills while completing different tasks to earn cryptocurrency
- Coinbase - an exchange currently running a program allowing you to earn free cryptocurrency by simply watching videos and answering questions about what you saw, I have already earned $42 in cryptocurrencies from this learn to earn program
- Gitcoin - complete their quests to gain knowledge about blockchain technology as a whole in a safe environment and active community
What does cryptocurrency need to bridge the gap between users and non-users?
- Accessibility will more than likely remain one of the major issues regarding the non-tech savvy people. Web 3.0 developers and blockchain communities are
diligently working towards creating layers for blockchains to make their services and
websites more user friendly.
- Educational content is being created daily to make defy in crypto information readily available to anybody that wants to learn. There are already several sites that allow you to take classes or many courses surrounding the different aspects surrounding cryptocurrencies.
- Trust is definitely holding back the growth of blockchain technology. While it has proven itself in many ways, the truth is that the concept of digital economy is still
very new and widely misunderstood. Not to mention, there are many places where
people receive information that have negative output regarding the financial risk versus gain. Cryptocurrency will have to work overtime to counteract the bad press they get from ill informed media sources.
Why is it important to educate as many people as possible about blockchain technology?
The opportunities blockchain technology creates for global use outweigh any risks or negative possibilities by far. Bitcoin is just the first cryptocurrency. There are now
thousands of tokens, aka ‘’altcoins”, being used for governance within communities, to provide passive income to its users, to generate wealth and value from intellectual or
artistic properties, to maintain ownership of creations, and more.
If the covid-19 pandemic has taught us anything about our global fragility, it should be that our current system is failing. We need a renovation to all governing systems. What
blockchain technology offers is transparency, decentralization, protected privacy, efficiency, fair distribution of wealth, inclusivity and passive income earning potential.
Don’t let your fear keep you from learning about the future of finance. Web 3 is here being built at this very moment by dedicated revolutionists who have seen the benefits
of utilizing blockchain technology for more than just financial purposes. Find out how you can learn more and always do your own research.